Greenaction for Health & Environmental Justice is a multiracial grassroots organization that works with low-income and working class urban, rural, and indigenous communities to fight environmental racism and build a clean, healthy and just future for all. We mobilize community power to win victories that change government and corporate policies and practices to protect health and to promote environmental, social and economic justice. Join us!
- No to Birth Defects & Cancer! Yes to Justice! Close the hazardous waste dump! (Kettleman City, CA)
- Stop Incinerators-in-Disguise No plasma arc incinerators! (Gonzales, CA; New Orleans)
- Clean, Renewable Energy Now No Nuclear & Fossil Fuels! Save the Green & Colorado Rivers (Utah, Nevada, California)
- Protect Indigenous People, Land & Culture No destruction of sacred sites by energy projects (CA, UT, AZ)
- Clean Up Toxics & Protect Kids Bayview Hunters Point, San Francisco & West Oakland (CA)
- GonzalesResProtestSVSWAmtg_22Feb2012_IMG_5373 copy
- DSCF9102 copy
- Kettleman City residents protest faulty study
- moms & kid pictures copy
- Green River, Utah copy
Greenaction brought together 500 people from 68 environmental justice, community, indigenous, environmental, social justice, civil rights and labor organizations for the Earth Day Action for Environmental and Climate Justice on Earth Day, Monday, April 22nd in front of the US EPA Region IX office in San Francisco, California.
See photos from the event by Tracy Perkins and read the press release:
PRESS RELEASE: EARTH DAY COALITION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL AND CLIMATE JUSTICE – “500 People from Urban, Rural & Indigenous Communities Impacted by Toxic and Fossil Fuel Pollution Demand Obama & EPA Protect People’s Health, Our Communities and Our Climate — Not Polluters!
PRESS RELEASE: “Greenaction Reaches Agreement with San Joaquin Valley Air District to Enhance Public Involvement in Permit Actions”
PDF: Greenaction Announcement
PDF: Settlement Agreement and Public Statement
Action: Save the Green & Colorado Rivers from Radioactive Contamination!
Blue Castle Holdings wants to build a 2-unit nuclear reactor near the Green River and the City of Green River, Utah, and store the highly radioactive nuclear fuel rods in an area susceptible to flash floods. This project risks the drinking and agricultural water for tens of millions of people. TAKE ACTION NOW!
Action: Tell USEPA and California EPA – Stop Dumping Hazardous Wastes in Kettleman City!
Kettleman City is a low-income, Latino community impacted by pollution from many sources, including a Chemical Waste Management hazardous waste and PCB landfill. Despite birth defects and other health problems, years of chronic permit violations, and discrimination and intimidation against Spanish speaking residents, USEPA and California State Department of Toxic Substances Control want to issue draft permits to expand the dump. TAKE ACTION NOW!