Greenaction for Health & Environmental Justice is a multiracial grassroots organization that works with low-income and working class urban, rural, and indigenous communities to fight environmental racism and build a clean, healthy and just future for all. We mobilize community power to win victories that change government and corporate policies and practices to protect health and to promote environmental, social and economic justice. Join us!
- No to Birth Defects & Cancer! Yes to Justice! Close the hazardous waste dump! (Kettleman City, CA)
- Stop Incinerators-in-Disguise No plasma arc incinerators! (Gonzales, CA; New Orleans)
- Clean, Renewable Energy Now No Nuclear & Fossil Fuels! Save the Green & Colorado Rivers (Utah, Nevada, California)
- Protect Indigenous People, Land & Culture No destruction of sacred sites by energy projects (CA, UT, AZ)
- Clean Up Toxics & Protect Kids Bayview Hunters Point, San Francisco & West Oakland (CA)
- GonzalesResProtestSVSWAmtg_22Feb2012_IMG_5373 copy
- DSCF9102 copy
- Kettleman City residents protest faulty study
- moms & kid pictures copy
- Green River, Utah copy
Read Greenaction Comments to Department of Toxic Substances Control Opposing Draft Permit for Expansion of Chemical Waste Management’s Violation-Plagued Kettleman Hills Hazardous Waste Landfill here.
Huffington Post: Medical Waste Incinerator Under Fire As Health Concerns Drive Push To Shut Down Facility
Press Release: Residents, Greenaction & Physicians Escalate Protest Against Violation-Plagued Stericycle Medical Waste Incinerator in Utah
North Salt Lake City, Utah residents & Greenaction Protest Medical Waste Incinerator on July 13, 2013. Read Salt Lake Tribune article and watch television coverage. Greenaction’s Bradley Angel interviewed at community protest against Stericycle’s incinerator, watch the video here.
- Public notice slowed by Stericycle denials, Anti-Stericycle organizers to protest, Petition aims to shutter Stericycle
Greenaction and Kettleman City residents vow to fight proposed toxic dump expansion. California Recommends Expansion of Largest Hazardous Waste Dump West of Mississippi. Read news stories here:
People’s Earth Day Environmental Justice Walk Against Cancer and Pollution
Action: Save the Green & Colorado Rivers from Radioactive Contamination!
Blue Castle Holdings wants to build a 2-unit nuclear reactor near the Green River and the City of Green River, Utah, and store the highly radioactive nuclear fuel rods in an area susceptible to flash floods. This project risks the drinking and agricultural water for tens of millions of people. TAKE ACTION NOW!
Action: Tell USEPA and California EPA – Stop Dumping Hazardous Wastes in Kettleman City!
Kettleman City is a low-income, Latino community impacted by pollution from many sources, including a Chemical Waste Management hazardous waste and PCB landfill. Despite birth defects and other health problems, years of chronic permit violations, and discrimination and intimidation against Spanish speaking residents, USEPA and California State Department of Toxic Substances Control want to issue draft permits to expand the dump. TAKE ACTION NOW!