Greenaction’s mission is to mobilize community power to win victories that change government and corporate policies and practices to protect health and promote environmental, economic and social justice.
Our guiding principles are:
- We support and follow the Principles of Environmental Justice adopted at the First National People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit, Washington D.C. in October 1991
- We believe that everyone has the democratic right to clean air and water and a healthy environment where we live, work, go to school and play
- We believe that people have a right to decide whether or not we want to be exposed to pollution in our communities and workplaces.
- We believe people have a right to be informed by government and corporations about decisions affecting their community and have a right to meaningful participation in government and industry decision-making processes.
- We believe that environmental justice and a healthy future are everyone’s right
- We take action for health and environmental justice and against environmental racism and injustice
- We hold corporate polluters and government accountable on issues of health and environmental justice
- We take nonviolent direct action against destroyers of the environment
- We work for pollution prevention and zero waste, green jobs, safe technologies and real solutions to problems